GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree root in the way (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/166603-tree-root-way.html)

john.greig2@ntl 09-11-2007 07:39 PM

Tree root in the way

I want to put up a fence in the back garden. As I started digging to make a hole for the first post, I hit a tree root, about 8-9cm dia. It's not that far down, and the post needs to go in that location. Should I cut out that part of the root, and if so will, I have to treat it to stop it growning back, through the post and founds

Michael Bell 10-11-2007 07:38 AM

Tree root in the way

In message
john.greig2@ntl wrote:

I want to put up a fence in the back garden. As I started digging to
make a hole for the first post, I hit a tree root, about 8-9cm dia.
It's not that far down, and the post needs to go in that location.
Should I cut out that part of the root, and if so will, I have to treat
it to stop it growning back, through the post and founds

What KIND of tree root do you think it is? What is growing nearby?

Michael Bell