Old 23-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Location: York
Default Basic information requsted on a series of common plants

Hello all.

This is another probably very trivial question from a beginner. I wonder if someone could have a look at the list of plants below and let me know a few pieces of information about each one.

Specifically, I am looking for information about when I should plant them, what sort of conditions they need ( clay/sandy soils, lots of light/little light etc etc ) and also if you think they can deal with a fairly windy location.

Lastly, I am basically a beginner, this is my first real year of gardenning, so if you think these are tricky or difficult plants, please let me know.

Spring plants ( additional question here - what can I plant immediately ready for spring)

Daffodil ( Short versions )
Snow drops
Tulips ( short versions )

Summer plants

Tamarix Pentandra ( Also, is this suitable for growing under large trees?)
Chinese lanterns
Ornemental grasses

many thanks for any help/advice at all.