GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Low cost seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/167601-low-cost-seeds.html)

CWatters[_2_] 29-11-2007 08:14 PM

Low cost seeds

My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

Mogga 29-11-2007 08:23 PM

Low cost seeds

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:14:46 -0000, "CWatters"
wrote:

My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I got some seeds for free off the free seed site I posted the link to
a while ago. Can't get any cheaper than that. :)
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

CWatters[_2_] 29-11-2007 10:25 PM

Low cost seeds

wrote:

My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took

quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I got some seeds for free off the free seed site I posted the link to
a while ago. Can't get any cheaper than that. :)
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

Yes this USA place has been sending my wife some freebies. She said
something about getting more than her original order was worth. No idea what
she plans to do with them all.

Wally[_2_] 29-11-2007 10:33 PM

Low cost seeds

"CWatters" wrote in message
My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took
quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I'm a new allotment holder and this year I bought a lot of
seeds from Woolworth and had some good results.
They were cheap compared with other suppliers.

Wally

Dave Hill 30-11-2007 09:11 PM

Low cost seeds

On 29 Nov, 22:33, "Wally" wrote:
"CWatters" wrote in message

... My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took
quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I'm a new allotment holder and this year I bought a lot of
seeds from Woolworth and had some good results.
They were cheap compared with other suppliers.

Wally

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Janet Tweedy 01-12-2007 11:34 AM

Low cost seeds

In article
,
Dave Hill writes

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

David do you not have to have an import licence? I wanted to send M&S
biscuits to Oklahoma and was struck dumb by the massive amount of
paperwork I would have to have in place if I decide to send them.
(They are particularly prized over there - seems they don't have that
type of thing at all)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Mary Fisher 01-12-2007 11:46 AM

Low cost seeds

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
, Dave
Hill writes

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

David do you not have to have an import licence? I wanted to send M&S
biscuits to Oklahoma and was struck dumb by the massive amount of
paperwork I would have to have in place if I decide to send them.
(They are particularly prized over there - seems they don't have that type
of thing at all)

Yes, we send quite lot of stuff all over the world, US imports are the most
restrictive.

Mary

Marco Schwarz 01-12-2007 01:04 PM

Low cost seeds

Hi..

Mary Fisher wrote:

Well it is kind of ironic that although there is a lot of paperwork to do
the American market seem to be flooded by cheap Chinese goods..
BTW: Wasn't it the Old Chinese who found out how to make paper..?

--
cu
Marco

Marco Schwarz 01-12-2007 01:24 PM

Low cost seeds

Sacha 01-12-2007 01:52 PM

Low cost seeds

On 1/12/07 11:46, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
, Dave
Hill writes

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

David do you not have to have an import licence? I wanted to send M&S
biscuits to Oklahoma and was struck dumb by the massive amount of
paperwork I would have to have in place if I decide to send them.
(They are particularly prized over there - seems they don't have that type
of thing at all)

Yes, we send quite lot of stuff all over the world, US imports are the most
restrictive.

Mary

I think you'll find Australia is a lot worse, surely? (Better from their
pov, of course)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Muddymike 01-12-2007 07:27 PM

Low cost seeds

"Wally" wrote in message

"CWatters" wrote in message
My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took
quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I'm a new allotment holder and this year I bought a lot of
seeds from Woolworth and had some good results.
They were cheap compared with other suppliers.

I bought a load from Lidl, they all grew, well apart from the ones killed by
me, dug up by the dogs, scratched out by pheasants, or eaten by rabbits.

Mike