Old 29-11-2007, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Low cost seeds

My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

Old 29-11-2007, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:14:46 -0000, "CWatters"
wrote:

My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I got some seeds for free off the free seed site I posted the link to
a while ago. Can't get any cheaper than that.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Old 29-11-2007, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took

quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I got some seeds for free off the free seed site I posted the link to
a while ago. Can't get any cheaper than that.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

Yes this USA place has been sending my wife some freebies. She said
something about getting more than her original order was worth. No idea what
she plans to do with them all.

Old 29-11-2007, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message
My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took
quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I'm a new allotment holder and this year I bought a lot of
seeds from Woolworth and had some good results.
They were cheap compared with other suppliers.

Wally

Old 30-11-2007, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 29 Nov, 22:33, "Wally" wrote:
"CWatters" wrote in message

... My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took
quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I'm a new allotment holder and this year I bought a lot of
seeds from Woolworth and had some good results.
They were cheap compared with other suppliers.

Wally

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

David do you not have to have an import licence? I wanted to send M&S
biscuits to Oklahoma and was struck dumb by the massive amount of
paperwork I would have to have in place if I decide to send them.
(They are particularly prized over there - seems they don't have that
type of thing at all)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 01-12-2007, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
, Dave
Hill writes

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

David do you not have to have an import licence? I wanted to send M&S
biscuits to Oklahoma and was struck dumb by the massive amount of
paperwork I would have to have in place if I decide to send them.
(They are particularly prized over there - seems they don't have that type
of thing at all)

Yes, we send quite lot of stuff all over the world, US imports are the most
restrictive.

Mary

Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi..

Mary Fisher wrote:

Well it is kind of ironic that although there is a lot of paperwork to do
the American market seem to be flooded by cheap Chinese goods..
BTW: Wasn't it the Old Chinese who found out how to make paper..?

--
cu
Marco

Old 01-12-2007, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 01-12-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/12/07 11:46, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
, Dave
Hill writes

I bought some seed from a couple of American firms this year and both
times the seeds were delivered in under 1 week from ordering, and very
fair postage charges.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

David do you not have to have an import licence? I wanted to send M&S
biscuits to Oklahoma and was struck dumb by the massive amount of
paperwork I would have to have in place if I decide to send them.
(They are particularly prized over there - seems they don't have that type
of thing at all)

Yes, we send quite lot of stuff all over the world, US imports are the most
restrictive.

Mary

I think you'll find Australia is a lot worse, surely? (Better from their
pov, of course)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Wally" wrote in message

"CWatters" wrote in message
My wife was looking for some squash seeds earlier this year and found the
variety she wanted was only available from the USA/Oregon . They took
quite
a long time to deliver (4-8 weeks) but she says they were quite cheap
compared to UK prices. She thought others might be interested..

http://www.seedfest.co.uk/

I'm not connected with this company - I'm not even a paricularly keen
gardener!

I'm a new allotment holder and this year I bought a lot of
seeds from Woolworth and had some good results.
They were cheap compared with other suppliers.

I bought a load from Lidl, they all grew, well apart from the ones killed by
me, dug up by the dogs, scratched out by pheasants, or eaten by rabbits.

Mike