GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Viburnum carlesii 'Aurora' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/16975-viburnum-carlesii-aurora.html)

Stephen G 20-04-2003 05:16 PM

Viburnum carlesii 'Aurora'

Having puchased a Viburnum carlesii 'Aurora' with instructions never to prune on its care label I have found several web sites that say it should be pruned after flowering, confused? I am which is right does it need pruning or can I let it grow and will it still flower?

Stephen

Rod 20-04-2003 09:20 PM

Viburnum carlesii 'Aurora'

"Stephen G" wrote in message
s.com...
Having puchased a Viburnum carlesii 'Aurora' with instructions never to
prune on its care label I have found several web sites that say it
should be pruned after flowering, confused? I am which is right does it
need pruning or can I let it grow and will it still flower?

I've never bothered pruning it but then I chose a place where it could do
its own thing. No reason why you shouldn't prune after flowering if you want
to keep it compact - it's just something I prefer not to do unless I have
to.

Rod