GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plants for dry shade? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/170682-plants-dry-shade.html)

keith kent 28-01-2008 09:07 PM

Plants for dry shade?

I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a shady
seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a bonus.Under
the xmas tree i have primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geranium and
others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Sacha 28-01-2008 10:57 PM

Plants for dry shade?

On 28/1/08 21:07, in article , "keith
kent" wrote:

I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a shady
seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a bonus.Under
the xmas tree i have primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geranium and
others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Where do you live? I think I'm going to renew my campaign for this to be
inserted into all sig.files! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

JennyC 29-01-2008 07:11 AM

Plants for dry shade?

"keith kent" wrote in message
I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a
shady seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a
bonus.Under the xmas tree i have
primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geranium and others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Have a look at the URG FAQ :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm
Jenny

keith kent 29-01-2008 10:48 PM

Plants for dry shade?

"JennyC" wrote in message

"keith kent" wrote in message
I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a
shady seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a
bonus.Under the xmas tree i have
primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geraniu m and others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Have a look at the URG FAQ :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm