Old 28-01-2008, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plants for dry shade?

I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a shady
seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a bonus.Under
the xmas tree i have primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geranium and
others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Old 28-01-2008, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/1/08 21:07, in article , "keith
kent" wrote:

I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a shady
seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a bonus.Under
the xmas tree i have primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geranium and
others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Where do you live? I think I'm going to renew my campaign for this to be
inserted into all sig.files! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-01-2008, 07:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"keith kent" wrote in message
I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a
shady seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a
bonus.Under the xmas tree i have
primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geranium and others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Have a look at the URG FAQ :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm
Jenny

Old 29-01-2008, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"keith kent" wrote in message
I have just moved my kids timber playhouse which leaves a bare northfacing
corner 2m x3m, right next to what i call a christmas tree 30ft tall on the
left -so is on the dryside and a fence on the right which is blocking the
east. The soil is quite deep and i will add compost.I am thinking of a
shady seating area in front of shrubs,perenials ,fragrance would be a
bonus.Under the xmas tree i have
primulas,hellebores,snowdrops,dicentra,geraniu m and others .
Any ideas please?
Thanks Keith

Have a look at the URG FAQ :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm
Jenny

Thanks That`s a handy link !

Thanks Keith
Nottingham :-) it isnt a sig though.

dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
A different dry shade problem Steve Harris United Kingdom 45 25-03-2004 02:59 PM
best plant for dry shade Joseph Chong Gardening 11 05-02-2004 07:13 PM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM