Old 09-02-2008, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hill House Nursery

Yesterday I was shopping in Issoire when I heard an English voice
trying to work out the difference in French size vis English. I said
hello and we got chatting. They had been here a year running their
own gites and they came from Devon. "Oh do you know Hill House
Nursery". Oh yes they did!!! They had been there, last Summer,
thought it was marvellous and they raved about the tea room where they
had home made cake. Next question was did they know Sacha? No, they
didn't as they were just visiting family before they came back to
France (with a massive lot of purchases from the Nursery) but they
mentioned the lovely and helpful staff who worked there. So Sacha,
the fame of your Nursery has spread far and wide, I was preening and
telling them I knew you!!!

Judith
Old 09-02-2008, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/08 11:52, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

Yesterday I was shopping in Issoire when I heard an English voice
trying to work out the difference in French size vis English. I said
hello and we got chatting. They had been here a year running their
own gites and they came from Devon. "Oh do you know Hill House
Nursery". Oh yes they did!!! They had been there, last Summer,
thought it was marvellous and they raved about the tea room where they
had home made cake. Next question was did they know Sacha? No, they
didn't as they were just visiting family before they came back to
France (with a massive lot of purchases from the Nursery) but they
mentioned the lovely and helpful staff who worked there. So Sacha,
the fame of your Nursery has spread far and wide, I was preening and
telling them I knew you!!!

Judith

What a nice story for us and how lovely to hear of "Ray's babies" going
abroad! We do get people from all over the place coming here but of course,
we rarely hear of the fate of the plants. A couple of years ago we had some
people from Ile de Bréhat looking for Salvias to take back in their car and
another was a man who'd helped design the gardens at Reid's in Madeira,
looking for new stock. Recently, an Italian beseeched Ray to part
(reluctantly) with one of his Citrus medica plants because he couldn't find
one in Italy. But I don't think we've ever had quite such personal feedback
as this. Thank you, Judith and if you see them again, please say 'hello'
from HHN!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 9, 12:02*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 9/2/08 11:52, in article
,

"judith.lea" wrote:
[...]

We will be seeing them again, we intend to invite them to dinner to
meet our French and English friends to help them integrate more, they
are a delightful couple. Who knows when they go back to see family,
they might well pop in to see you again!!!!

Judith
Old 09-02-2008, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 9, 1:05*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 9/2/08 12:24, in article
,

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Feb 9, 12:02*pm, Sacha wrote:

snip
I don't think we've ever had quite such personal feedback
as this. *Thank you, Judith and if you see them again, please say 'hello'
from HHN!

We will be seeing them again, we intend to invite them to dinner to
meet our French and English friends to help them integrate more, they
are a delightful couple. *Who knows when they go back to see family,
they might well pop in to see you again!!!!

Judith

That would be lovely but do email me their names. *;-))

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)