GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/171054-looking-name-gardening-programme-presenter-bbc.html)

[email protected] 12-02-2008 07:12 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

Looking for a series of gardening programmes, and presenter's name,
that used to be on BBC (I think) a long time ago, maybe 1980s. The
man had a very distinct voice. It's not Geof Hamiltom. Before him.

David in Normandy[_7_] 12-02-2008 07:30 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

says...
Looking for a series of gardening programmes, and presenter's name,
that used to be on BBC (I think) a long time ago, maybe 1980s. The
man had a very distinct voice. It's not Geof Hamiltom. Before him.

Peter seagrave? Percy Thrower? Bob flowerdew?
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.

'Mike' 12-02-2008 07:31 PM

wrote in message
Looking for a series of gardening programmes, and presenter's name,
that used to be on BBC (I think) a long time ago, maybe 1980s. The
man had a very distinct voice. It's not Geof Hamiltom. Before him.

Arthur Billitt?

Mike

After a lot of trouble www.nsrafa.org is now up and running for the National
Service RAF man

'Mike' 12-02-2008 07:33 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
says...
Looking for a series of gardening programmes, and presenter's name,
that used to be on BBC (I think) a long time ago, maybe 1980s. The
man had a very distinct voice. It's not Geof Hamiltom. Before him.

Peter seagrave? Percy Thrower? Bob flowerdew?
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.

Geoffrey Smith?

David in Normandy[_7_] 12-02-2008 07:44 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

'Mike' says...

Geoffrey Smith?

I used to like him. He had a pleasant, soothing voice. Keen
on fruit trees as I remember.

'Mike' 12-02-2008 07:47 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
'Mike' says...

Geoffrey Smith?

I used to like him. He had a pleasant, soothing voice. Keen
on fruit trees as I remember.

--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.

Gentle Yorkshire voice I believe. I can picture him, but not recall his
voice.

[email protected] 12-02-2008 07:50 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

not any of these:

Peter seagrave
Percy Thrower
Bob flowerdew
Arthur Billitt
Geoffrey Smith

[email protected] 12-02-2008 07:51 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

"David in Normandy" wrote in o.fr...

--www.rneba.org.uk. The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association.
'THE' Association to find your ex-Greenie mess mates.www.iowtours.comfor all ex-Service Reunions. More being added regularly
After a lot of troublewww.nsrafa.orgis now up and running for the National
Service RAF man

That sounds like him.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 12-02-2008 07:54 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

In article 88897eef-d9bb-441e-98fc-
, says...
not any of these:

Peter seagrave
Percy Thrower
Bob flowerdew
Arthur Billitt
Geoffrey Smith

Roy Lancaster, Steven Lacey,?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

[email protected] 12-02-2008 07:55 PM

On 12 Feb, 19:51, wrote:
On 12 Feb, 19:47, "'Mike'" wrote:

"David in Normandy" wrote in o.fr...

'Mike' says...

Geoffrey Smith?

I used to like him. He had a pleasant, soothing voice. Keen
on fruit trees as I remember.

--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.

Gentle Yorkshire voice I believe. I can picture him, but not recall his
voice.

Mike

--www.rneba.org.uk. The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association.
'THE' Association to find your ex-Greenie mess mates.www.iowtours.comforall ex-Service Reunions. More being added regularly
After a lot of troublewww.nsrafa.orgisnow up and running for the National
Service RAF man

That sounds like him.

Sorry, not Geoffrey Smith, but his voice was soft and very distinct.

[email protected] 12-02-2008 07:57 PM

On 12 Feb, 19:54, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article 88897eef-d9bb-441e-98fc-
, says... not any of these:

Peter seagrave
Percy Thrower
Bob flowerdew
Arthur Billitt
Geoffrey Smith

Roy Lancaster, Steven Lacey,?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

No, it's not Roy Lancaster or Steven Lacey.

Nick Maclaren 12-02-2008 08:01 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

In article ,
writes:

| No, it's not Roy Lancaster or Steven Lacey.

Peter Hawkins? :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

[email protected] 12-02-2008 08:05 PM

On 12 Feb, 20:01, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article .. writes:

| No, it's not Roy Lancaster or Steven Lacey.

Peter Hawkins? :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

No, not him either. If I could find some photos of gardening
presenters.

Sacha 12-02-2008 11:03 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

On 12/2/08 19:55, in article
,
" wrote:
snip

Sorry, not Geoffrey Smith, but his voice was soft and very distinct.

Clay Jones?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Bob Hobden 12-02-2008 11:05 PM

Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

wrote
Looking for a series of gardening programmes, and presenter's name,
that used to be on BBC (I think) a long time ago, maybe 1980s. The
man had a very distinct voice. It's not Geof Hamiltom. Before him.

Some the others haven't got...
Dr Stefan Buczacki
Harry Dodson
Then there are all those experts from the RHS Wisley..
Fruit was .. Jim Arbury I believe?? (should know, he's a friends boss!)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden