GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Greenhouse door-parts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/171404-greenhouse-door-parts.html)

[email protected] 27-02-2008 09:16 AM

Greenhouse door-parts

Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

'Mike' 27-02-2008 10:23 AM

Greenhouse door-parts

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Wonderful question hope someone can supply the answer for ours as well.

AND, the draughtproofing strip which goes down the edge of the door. Ours
had gone brittle and snapped in places

Mike

Campa-Man 27-02-2008 11:03 AM

Greenhouse door-parts

"'Mike'" wrote in message

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Wonderful question hope someone can supply the answer for ours as well.

AND, the draughtproofing strip which goes down the edge of the door. Ours
had gone brittle and snapped in places

Mike

Our wheels are intact but it locates int the bottom track by two small black
rectangular blocks one of which has snapped.

You could try here
http://www.gardensite.org.uk/greenho...sandspares.php

Just found what I needed on that site

Sacha[_3_] 27-02-2008 11:20 AM

Greenhouse door-parts

On 27/2/08 09:16, in article
,
"
wrote:

Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Is there any name plate or something of that sort to indicate the maker? If
so, that would be your starting point. Failing that, another greenhouse
manufacturer or a good old-fashioned ironmonger's shop.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

'Mike' 27-02-2008 11:28 AM

Greenhouse door-parts

"Campa-Man" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Wonderful question hope someone can supply the answer for ours as well.

AND, the draughtproofing strip which goes down the edge of the door. Ours
had gone brittle and snapped in places

Mike

Our wheels are intact but it locates int the bottom track by two small
black rectangular blocks one of which has snapped.

You could try here
http://www.gardensite.org.uk/greenho...sandspares.php

Just found what I needed on that site

:-))

Great site. Many thanks. Saw the little wheels but didn't see the door
strip, but I can always ask.

Thanks again

Mike

Granity 27-02-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 776406)
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Have you tried the manufacturer of the greenhouse?

'Mike' 27-02-2008 03:35 PM

Greenhouse door-parts

"Granity" wrote in message

;776406 Wrote:
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Have you tried the manufacturer of the greenhouse?

--
Granity

Not too easy when the greenhouse is second-hand and has no name plate on it
:-((

Mike

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² 27-02-2008 04:38 PM

Greenhouse door-parts

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:16:04 -0800 (PST),
"
wrote and included this (or some
of this):

Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Have a look at www.twowests.co.uk. They do have wheels & lots of
greenhouse stuff.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²

cineman 27-02-2008 09:16 PM

Greenhouse door-parts

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Try Focus, or Wickes, I know the stores near me do stock aluminium
greenhouse spares such as spring clips and Z clips, I did see brush strip
door edging last year on sale as a roll.

regards
Cineman

'Mike' 27-02-2008 09:35 PM

Greenhouse door-parts

"cineman" wrote in message
k...

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Try Focus, or Wickes, I know the stores near me do stock aluminium
greenhouse spares such as spring clips and Z clips, I did see brush strip
door edging last year on sale as a roll.

regards
Cineman

Door edging? Many thanks
Don't have a Focus or Wickes on the Isle of Wight but I do have friends all
over the country ;-))

Mike

dean robertson 16-04-2009 01:41 PM

My problem is similar, but more extreme: I need a complete greenhouse door and have experienced the same 'vacant' looks at BnQ.
I am having great difficulty finding any information on doors, alone
If you do receive any general advice on replacement 'doors' please forward me any info, if you don't mind.
(my geenhouse is 8x6 feet and about 7 feet approx high - looking at standard models in garden centres i guess any single sliding door would probably fit.)
Muh appreciated.
dean

welshleek 21-07-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean robertson (Post 839088)
My problem is similar, but more extreme: I need a complete greenhouse door and have experienced the same 'vacant' looks at BnQ.
I am having great difficulty finding any information on doors, alone
If you do receive any general advice on replacement 'doors' please forward me any info, if you don't mind.
(my geenhouse is 8x6 feet and about 7 feet approx high - looking at standard models in garden centres i guess any single sliding door would probably fit.)
Muh appreciated.
dean

You will find all the greenhouse parts you need at Poultry Housing and Units, Kennels, Workshops, Sheds, Greenhouses and Spare Parts, Gardening Products. Gardencraft UK They stock bits for all greenhouses including those no longer manufactured.

mrmister 19-09-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 776406)
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Try this, bought new greenhouse, delivered 15/9/11, two of us took two days to erect, on fitting the door and adjusting the bearings fell to pieces, went to B&Q only to be told they no longer stock these bearings,outcome was to go to amazon site and search for greenhouse door bearings low and behold new bearings complete £6 .00 per set plus p&p no problems now, hope this helps.