Old 27-02-2008, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse door-parts

Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !
Old 27-02-2008, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Wonderful question hope someone can supply the answer for ours as well.

AND, the draughtproofing strip which goes down the edge of the door. Ours
had gone brittle and snapped in places

Mike

Old 27-02-2008, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Wonderful question hope someone can supply the answer for ours as well.

AND, the draughtproofing strip which goes down the edge of the door. Ours
had gone brittle and snapped in places

Mike

Our wheels are intact but it locates int the bottom track by two small black
rectangular blocks one of which has snapped.

You could try here
http://www.gardensite.org.uk/greenho...sandspares.php

Just found what I needed on that site

Old 27-02-2008, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Campa-Man" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Wonderful question hope someone can supply the answer for ours as well.

AND, the draughtproofing strip which goes down the edge of the door. Ours
had gone brittle and snapped in places

Mike

Our wheels are intact but it locates int the bottom track by two small
black rectangular blocks one of which has snapped.

You could try here
http://www.gardensite.org.uk/greenho...sandspares.php

Just found what I needed on that site

:-))

Great site. Many thanks. Saw the little wheels but didn't see the door
strip, but I can always ask.

Thanks again

Mike

Old 27-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !
Have you tried the manufacturer of the greenhouse?
Old 27-02-2008, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:16:04 -0800 (PST),
"
wrote and included this (or some
of this):

Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Have a look at www.twowests.co.uk. They do have wheels & lots of
greenhouse stuff.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²
Old 27-02-2008, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Try Focus, or Wickes, I know the stores near me do stock aluminium
greenhouse spares such as spring clips and Z clips, I did see brush strip
door edging last year on sale as a roll.

regards
Cineman

Old 27-02-2008, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"cineman" wrote in message
k...

wrote in message
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !

Try Focus, or Wickes, I know the stores near me do stock aluminium
greenhouse spares such as spring clips and Z clips, I did see brush strip
door edging last year on sale as a roll.

regards
Cineman

Door edging? Many thanks
Don't have a Focus or Wickes on the Isle of Wight but I do have friends all
over the country ;-))

Mike

Old 16-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered User

My problem is similar, but more extreme: I need a complete greenhouse door and have experienced the same 'vacant' looks at BnQ.
I am having great difficulty finding any information on doors, alone
If you do receive any general advice on replacement 'doors' please forward me any info, if you don't mind.
(my geenhouse is 8x6 feet and about 7 feet approx high - looking at standard models in garden centres i guess any single sliding door would probably fit.)
Muh appreciated.
dean
Old 21-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean robertson View Post
My problem is similar, but more extreme: I need a complete greenhouse door and have experienced the same 'vacant' looks at BnQ.
I am having great difficulty finding any information on doors, alone
If you do receive any general advice on replacement 'doors' please forward me any info, if you don't mind.
(my geenhouse is 8x6 feet and about 7 feet approx high - looking at standard models in garden centres i guess any single sliding door would probably fit.)
Muh appreciated.
dean
You will find all the greenhouse parts you need at Poultry Housing and Units, Kennels, Workshops, Sheds, Greenhouses and Spare Parts, Gardening Products. Gardencraft UK They stock bits for all greenhouses including those no longer manufactured.
Old 19-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered User

Location: Somerset
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Can anyone help with this. i have a aluminium greenhouse and the door
has fallen off. On inspection it slides across using two small black
wheels, appromimately 1.5 cm in diameter, with an inner wheel-believe
it or not that actually has ball bearings in it. One is broken- where
can I get a replacement- B+Q look at me as if I am an alien !
Try this, bought new greenhouse, delivered 15/9/11, two of us took two days to erect, on fitting the door and adjusting the bearings fell to pieces, went to B&Q only to be told they no longer stock these bearings,outcome was to go to amazon site and search for greenhouse door bearings low and behold new bearings complete £6 .00 per set plus p&p no problems now, hope this helps.