Old 18-04-2008, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bm bm is offline

Default Garden Pond query

I have a garden pond with various plants which seem to flourish and I
introduced some oxygenating plants which eventually swamped the pool. A
friend advised me to remove two thirds of this plant which has brought the
pond back to having clear water again. Also frogs live in the pond.
My query is that the leaves from nearby oaks deposit their leaves every
year. Does this do any harm or will they form a compost at the bottom of the
pond and do no harm? The pool is static i.e. no water flowing in and out.
Blair

Old 18-04-2008, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

bm wrote:
I have a garden pond with various plants which seem to flourish and I
introduced some oxygenating plants which eventually swamped the pool.
A friend advised me to remove two thirds of this plant which has
brought the pond back to having clear water again. Also frogs live in
the pond. My query is that the leaves from nearby oaks deposit their
leaves
every year. Does this do any harm or will they form a compost at the
bottom of the pond and do no harm? The pool is static i.e. no water
flowing in and out. Blair

The short answer is that the leaves will rot, produce toxic gases, and your
'static' pond will stagnate.
If you go here.....
http://www.forums.pondlife.eu/forum/index.php
you will find all the help and advice you need.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 18-04-2008, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bm bm is offline

"Pete C" wrote in message
bm wrote:
[...]

Many thanks for your help