GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb Flowers a delicacy? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/173744-rhubarb-flowers-delicacy.html)

Gary 01-05-2008 07:09 PM

Rhubarb Flowers a delicacy?

I have heard or read that the rhubarb flower is a delicacy in some cultures.
Has anyone heard of this and if so would there be any recipes of how to
process/cook them? Thanks for any information.
Gary

beccabunga 02-05-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary (Post 787978)
I have heard or read that the rhubarb flower is a delicacy in some cultures.
Has anyone heard of this and if so would there be any recipes of how to
process/cook them? Thanks for any information.
Gary

Be careful - they are high in oxalic acid.

This is the only reference I can track: http://tinyurl.com/3zntw7

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_161_] 02-05-2008 08:25 AM

Rhubarb Flowers a delicacy?

--
beccabunga

Try asking the authors here http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/