GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT (very much so!) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/173867-ot-very-much-so.html)

alan holmes 04-05-2008 08:39 PM

OT (very much so!)

SWMBO wishes to get a wind up alarm clock, but all we have seen so far are
all battery driven, so does, anyone know where she might get one?

And, just to annoy some of the contributors, I'm going to post this in more
that one group!

Alan

Alan 04-05-2008 09:50 PM

OT (very much so!)

In message , alan holmes
wrote

SWMBO wishes to get a wind up alarm clock, but all we have seen so far are
all battery driven, so does, anyone know where she might get one?

And, just to annoy some of the contributors, I'm going to post this in more
that one group!

It's the kind of item found in your local pound shop.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

BAC 04-05-2008 10:06 PM

OT (very much so!)

"alan holmes" wrote in message

SWMBO wishes to get a wind up alarm clock, but all we have seen so far are
all battery driven, so does, anyone know where she might get one?

And, just to annoy some of the contributors, I'm going to post this in
more that one group!

Alan

Try

http://www.remtrak.com/clock/alarm.htm

Nick Maclaren 04-05-2008 10:11 PM

OT (very much so!)

In article , Alan writes:
| In message , alan holmes
| wrote
|
| SWMBO wishes to get a wind up alarm clock, but all we have seen so far are
| all battery driven, so does, anyone know where she might get one?
|
| And, just to annoy some of the contributors, I'm going to post this in more
| that one group!
|
| It's the kind of item found in your local pound shop.

As distinct from a wind-up posting, which is found in your local
newsgroup.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

K 04-05-2008 10:17 PM

OT (very much so!)

alan holmes writes

SWMBO wishes to get a wind up alarm clock, but all we have seen so far are
all battery driven, so does, anyone know where she might get one?

And, just to annoy some of the contributors, I'm going to post this in more
that one group!

Amazon do the traditional sort with two big bells on top.

As do IKEA - but not sure whether theirs is wind-up
--
Kay

Gary Woods 04-05-2008 10:22 PM

OT (very much so!)

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

As distinct from a wind-up posting,

Thankfully, they're getting quite rare; almost entirely supplanted by the
newer battery-powered quarts referenced posting.