Old 23-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Aileen Howard

Default Solar lighting

Thanks for so many replies to my query re solar garden lighting. The
general consensus seems to be that they are of limited usefulness, but the
trouble is that otherwise we have to mess around with cables etc. We did
use flares and candles last year when we had a summer party, but they can be
a bit dangerous when the vino is flowing! Clearly need to give it more
thought, and thanks again to you all.

Kind regards, Aileen

Old 24-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Martin Brown

Aileen Howard wrote:

Thanks for so many replies to my query re solar garden lighting. The
general consensus seems to be that they are of limited usefulness, but the
trouble is that otherwise we have to mess around with cables etc. We did
use flares and candles last year when we had a summer party, but they can be
a bit dangerous when the vino is flowing! Clearly need to give it more
thought, and thanks again to you all.

If it only for occassional use then self contained rechargable battery powered
camping lamps probably better meet your needs. Whatever you choose needs to have
a fair amount of stored energy to be useful.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old 30-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered User

As energy costs continue to rise, many consumers are considering alternative energy choices. A simple way to use alternative energy to replace your home is some of your traditional outdoor lights, solar lights. These lamps have many advantages, are widely commercially available.