Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2008, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommended insecticide / spray for plum tree ?

Greetings folks !
Over the last few days I have noticed trails of ants crawling up and
down my plum tree. The tree is still quite young and just over 3
metres in height. I have searched u.r.g and have read that ants
themselves do not cause damage but their presence my indicate a
problem with aphids. The tree was planted the summer before last and
bore fruit for the first time last year. The tree is currently
beginning to fruit and I do not want to do untold damage by using
sprays which may be to the detriment of the tree's health. Could
someone kindly recommend a safe antidote which is effective and
readily available ?

All good wishes,

Uncle.