GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leek problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174384-leek-problems.html)

Therefore 15-05-2008 10:51 AM

Leek problems

Hello
I am having trouble with my leeks , they look well and are of a reasonable
size.

The problem is everyone of the plants "50" have sprouted flowering shoots .

Any ideas , as to what might have caused this , T.I.A.

.............................Leslie

Bugalugs1970 16-05-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therefore (Post 791917)
Hello
I am having trouble with my leeks , they look well and are of a reasonable
size.

The problem is everyone of the plants "50" have sprouted flowering shoots .

Any ideas , as to what might have caused this , T.I.A.

.............................Leslie

I have had this problem before, when i checked the seed packet they were really out of date.

Jim Jackson 22-05-2008 04:12 PM

Leek problems

Therefore wrote:
I am having trouble with my leeks , they look well and are of a reasonable
size.
The problem is everyone of the plants "50" have sprouted flowering shoots .
Any ideas , as to what might have caused this , T.I.A.

When did you start them off? You may have started them too early, and
they've bolted. I've not put my seedlings out yet. Plan on
doing this week.