Old 24-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Kate Morgan

Default Bonsai O.T.

Has any one tried Bonsai Rooter Pot Propagation ? there is one on ebay
at the moment with free plants:-)
kate
Old 25-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Natalie

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Has any one tried Bonsai Rooter Pot Propagation ? there is one on ebay
at the moment with free plants:-)
kate

I haven't tried it but it does sound interesting. Not sure why it is
described as Bonsai as, presumably, you don't *have* to grow small trees.
Also the title is misleading because the *free plants* described are the
ones you can propagate ;-)

Natalie

Old 25-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Chris Norton

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:31:58 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

Has any one tried Bonsai Rooter Pot Propagation ? there is one on ebay
at the moment with free plants:-)
kate

Sounds debateable to me. All usual known methods of propagation that
work for trees is all you need to know. Lots of fancy ideas but usual
gardening techniques still work fine.

Old 25-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Pam Moore

wrote:

Has any one tried Bonsai Rooter Pot Propagation ? there is one on ebay
at the moment with free plants:-)
kate

Seems like a glorified layering system to me. The "free plants" are
ones you create yourself al long as you have the parent plant to start
with. I'm not tempted.

Pam in Bristol
pamdotmooreatvirgindotnet
Old 26-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Kate Morgan

snip
Seems like a glorified layering system to me. The "free plants" are
ones you create yourself al long as you have the parent plant to start
with. I'm not tempted.

Pam in Bristol

Yes it dawned on me later that the free plants were what you would get
using this method. I dont think I will bother, just interested.
kate

Old 25-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Kate Morgan
Has any one tried Bonsai Rooter Pot Propagation ? there is one on ebay
at the moment with free plants:-)
kate
Are you real of course you get free plants.You propagate them therefore you don't have too pay.I can't see how it is misleading?
Old 25-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message m
from hackingbush contains
these words:

Are you real of course you get free plants.You propagate them therefore
you don't have too pay.I can't see how it is misleading?

Please translate ino English.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 25-10-2003, 04:13 PM
martin

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:37:08 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

The message m
from hackingbush contains
these words:

Are you real of course you get free plants.You propagate them therefore
you don't have too pay.I can't see how it is misleading?

Please translate ino English.

Bansai!
--
Martin
Old 25-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:18:38 GMT, hackingbush
wrote:

Kate Morgan wrote:
*Has any one tried Bonsai Rooter Pot Propagation ? there is one on
ebay
at the moment with free plants:-)
kate *

They are free because you provide the cuttings yourself.
This point came up once before. Read the ad very carefully!

Pam in Bristol
Old 26-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message m
from hackingbush contains
these words:

Are you real of course you get free plants.You propagate them therefore
you don't have too pay.I can't see how it is misleading?

Please translate into English.

(Basil Fawlty voice) "He's from gardenbanter".

Janet

Old 26-10-2003, 03:01 PM
martin

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:24:45 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message m
from hackingbush contains
these words:

Are you real of course you get free plants.You propagate them therefore
you don't have too pay.I can't see how it is misleading?

Please translate into English.

(Basil Fawlty voice) "He's from gardenbanter".

aaaghh! meester Fawlty!
--
Martin