GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Monty Don (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174964-monty-don.html)

Pam Moore 23-05-2008 04:19 PM

Monty Don

When Alan T announced yesterday that Monty is to leave GW, he did not
say why.
The Gardenders' World website tells us why.
http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3348
How very sad.

Pam in Bristol

keith kent 23-05-2008 04:36 PM

Monty Don

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
When Alan T announced yesterday that Monty is to leave GW, he did not
say why.
The Gardenders' World website tells us why.
http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3348
How very sad.

Pam in Bristol

It`s a great shame he has had to step down as head gardener.

But now leaves a Q who will replace him ?

Keith

Broadback 23-05-2008 06:25 PM

Monty Don

keith kent wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
When Alan T announced yesterday that Monty is to leave GW, he did not
say why.
The Gardenders' World website tells us why.
http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3348
How very sad.

Pam in Bristol

It`s a great shame he has had to step down as head gardener.

But now leaves a Q who will replace him ?

Keith

I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends.
Hope he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many
others will miss him.

Janet Tweedy 25-05-2008 11:03 AM

Monty Don

In article , Broadback
writes

I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends.
Hope he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many
others will miss him.

Well he intends to head the Soil Association doesn't he? Won't that be
a full time job as well?
Rumour was he is not recovering as fast as expected. Is this true?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

shazzbat 25-05-2008 11:26 AM

Monty Don

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Broadback
writes

I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends. Hope
he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many others
will miss him.

As long as he knows we're all rooting for him :-)

Steve

JennyC 25-05-2008 11:58 AM

Monty Don

"Broadback" wrote
I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends. Hope
he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many others
will miss him.

Indeed. The round the world in 80 gardens looked SO exhausting !!

Lets hope he bounces back and can get back into his garden soon,
Jenny

JennyC 27-05-2008 10:04 AM

Monty Don

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 12:58:41 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Broadback" wrote
I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends.
Hope
he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many others
will miss him.

Indeed. The round the world in 80 gardens looked SO exhausting !!

We wouldn't want to do a trip like for a holiday would we? Would we?
Martin

Spread over a whole year - YES!
Jenny