Old 23-05-2008, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Monty Don

When Alan T announced yesterday that Monty is to leave GW, he did not
say why.
The Gardenders' World website tells us why.
http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3348
How very sad.

Pam in Bristol
Old 23-05-2008, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
When Alan T announced yesterday that Monty is to leave GW, he did not
say why.
The Gardenders' World website tells us why.
http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3348
How very sad.

Pam in Bristol

It`s a great shame he has had to step down as head gardener.

But now leaves a Q who will replace him ?

Keith

Old 23-05-2008, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

keith kent wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
When Alan T announced yesterday that Monty is to leave GW, he did not
say why.
The Gardenders' World website tells us why.
http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/3348
How very sad.

Pam in Bristol

It`s a great shame he has had to step down as head gardener.

But now leaves a Q who will replace him ?

Keith

I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends.
Hope he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many
others will miss him.
Old 25-05-2008, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Broadback
writes

I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends.
Hope he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many
others will miss him.

Well he intends to head the Soil Association doesn't he? Won't that be
a full time job as well?
Rumour was he is not recovering as fast as expected. Is this true?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 25-05-2008, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Broadback
writes

I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends. Hope
he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many others
will miss him.

As long as he knows we're all rooting for him :-)

Steve

Old 25-05-2008, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote
I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends. Hope
he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many others
will miss him.

Indeed. The round the world in 80 gardens looked SO exhausting !!

Lets hope he bounces back and can get back into his garden soon,
Jenny

Old 27-05-2008, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 12:58:41 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Broadback" wrote
I think he realises that he has been burning the candle at both ends.
Hope
he sticks to his semi retirement plans, even though I, and many others
will miss him.

Indeed. The round the world in 80 gardens looked SO exhausting !!

We wouldn't want to do a trip like for a holiday would we? Would we?
Martin

Spread over a whole year - YES!
Jenny

Monty Don Padger United Kingdom 1 31-12-2005 03:58 PM
grr !! Monty Don perpetuating compost myths .... gentlegreen United Kingdom 42 14-10-2005 12:14 PM
Monty Don Weedeater United Kingdom 12 09-09-2004 09:22 AM
Monty Don and his spade DLee United Kingdom 29 07-10-2003 04:32 PM
Monty Don JennyC United Kingdom 15 15-07-2003 02:44 PM