Old 25-04-2003, 04:08 PM
geoff

Default Asparagus knife

Urglers,

My knife arrived by post just now and what a weapon is is! The overall
length is 17 inches; the blade is 11 inches long and for its first 6
inches, is really blunt. During its last 5 inches the blade is curved and
has saw like teeth three to the inch inside the curve but without being set
like a wood saw.

And it was made in Sheffield England!

If this is what it takes to cut asparagus efficiently, no wonder my very
sharp Swedish filletting knife was n.b.g!

Regards

Geoff

Old 25-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Gary Woods

"geoff" wrote:

And it was made in Sheffield England!

Its brother is hanging in my shed here in the colonies; Dear Wife having
bought it from a mail-order house specializing in pricey but nice garden
tools. It certainly does the job; I'm just waiting for the asparagus to
appear.
I confess the Sheffield steel mystique was tarnished a bit by just having
seen "The Full Monty."

Old 25-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Gary Woods say...
I confess the Sheffield steel mystique was tarnished a bit by just having
seen "The Full Monty."

We natives of Sheffield though it was an excellent film, and was only
marred by Barry Norman;s comments. It was great spotting places we see
every day, including my old school.
--
Fenny
Thought for the Day...