GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Suffolk Punch Wiring (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/176128-suffolk-punch-wiring.html)

CadmannUK 20-06-2008 04:51 PM

Suffolk Punch Wiring

Hi,

I have an old Suffolk Punch lawn mower with an Engine code 75 G14 type 14A. This does not start at the moment, and it looks like someone has 'had' a go at the electrics before I got given it this week.

Do any of you have the wiring diagram for one of these? Or know where I can get one from?

Thanks

CAD

shazzbat 20-06-2008 08:41 PM

Suffolk Punch Wiring

"CadmannUK" wrote in message

Hi,

I have an old Suffolk Punch lawn mower with an Engine code 75 G14 type
14A. This does not start at the moment, and it looks like someone has
'had' a go at the electrics before I got given it this week.

Do any of you have the wiring diagram for one of these? Or know where I
can get one from?

What wiring? There's an HT lead which comes from the magneto housing and
goes to the spark plug, and ...Errr that's it.

Even if you've got the flywheel off there's precious little more than that.

Steve

CadmannUK 22-06-2008 12:49 AM

Steve,

The one I have does also have a wire from the magneto housing to the spark plug but it also has two coming from the bottom of the magneto/coil to a set of points and a condenser. The wire from the points, condenser and magneto/coil are all soldered together with the other wire from the underside of the magneto/coil going to earth. The spark plug HT wire come from the top of this magneto/coil part..

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Cad

PS I got it running yesterday, but it's running very erratic, and only with the choke fully on. Guess I'll have to take the carb apart and clean all that up.

Cheers

Cad

Pete C[_2_] 25-06-2008 07:45 AM

Suffolk Punch Wiring

CadmannUK wrote:
shazzbat;799557 Wrote:
"CadmannUK" wrote in message
...-

snippy
The one I have does also have a wire from the magneto housing to the
spark plug but it also has two coming from the bottom of the
magneto/coil to a set of points and a condenser. The wire from the
points, condenser and magneto/coil are all soldered together with the
other wire from the underside of the magneto/coil going to earth. The
spark plug HT wire come from the top of this magneto/coil part..

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Cad

PS I got it running yesterday, but it's running very erratic, and only
with the choke fully on. Guess I'll have to take the carb apart and
clean all that up.

Cheers

Cad

You are using fresh fuel?? :)
--
Pete C
London UK

shazzbat 25-06-2008 08:54 AM

Suffolk Punch Wiring

"Pete C" wrote in message
CadmannUK wrote:
shazzbat;799557 Wrote:
"CadmannUK" wrote in message
...-

snippy
The one I have does also have a wire from the magneto housing to the
spark plug but it also has two coming from the bottom of the
magneto/coil to a set of points and a condenser. The wire from the
points, condenser and magneto/coil are all soldered together with the
other wire from the underside of the magneto/coil going to earth. The
spark plug HT wire come from the top of this magneto/coil part..

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Cad

PS I got it running yesterday, but it's running very erratic, and only
with the choke fully on. Guess I'll have to take the carb apart and
clean all that up.

If it only runs with full choke, it's running weak, almost certainly the air
filter (tiny scrap of sponge) is bunged up with crap. Try running it without
the filter, and if it works, replace it or blow out the old one if you have
the luxury of an air line.

Here's a page that might help you, it covers most engines/years. They're all
much of a muchness anyway.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...979_page40.jpg

Steve

Robby1 16-05-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazzbat (Post 800245)
"Pete C" wrote in message
CadmannUK wrote:
shazzbat;799557 Wrote:
"CadmannUK"
wrote in message
...-

snippy
[...]

If the filter was bunged up it would run rich, not weak as the air passing through would be restricted. You need to adjust the main mixture by screwing the screw adjacent to the float until you get the right run without choking the engine. What I am trying to find is which way to turn to weaken as my plugs on all of my mowers are blacking up.