Old 20-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered User

Default Suffolk Punch Wiring

Hi,

I have an old Suffolk Punch lawn mower with an Engine code 75 G14 type 14A. This does not start at the moment, and it looks like someone has 'had' a go at the electrics before I got given it this week.

Do any of you have the wiring diagram for one of these? Or know where I can get one from?

Thanks

CAD
Old 20-06-2008, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CadmannUK" wrote in message

Hi,

I have an old Suffolk Punch lawn mower with an Engine code 75 G14 type
14A. This does not start at the moment, and it looks like someone has
'had' a go at the electrics before I got given it this week.

Do any of you have the wiring diagram for one of these? Or know where I
can get one from?

What wiring? There's an HT lead which comes from the magneto housing and
goes to the spark plug, and ...Errr that's it.

Even if you've got the flywheel off there's precious little more than that.

Steve

Old 22-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered User

Steve,

The one I have does also have a wire from the magneto housing to the spark plug but it also has two coming from the bottom of the magneto/coil to a set of points and a condenser. The wire from the points, condenser and magneto/coil are all soldered together with the other wire from the underside of the magneto/coil going to earth. The spark plug HT wire come from the top of this magneto/coil part..

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Cad

PS I got it running yesterday, but it's running very erratic, and only with the choke fully on. Guess I'll have to take the carb apart and clean all that up.

Cheers

Cad
Old 16-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered User

If the filter was bunged up it would run rich, not weak as the air passing through would be restricted. You need to adjust the main mixture by screwing the screw adjacent to the float until you get the right run without choking the engine. What I am trying to find is which way to turn to weaken as my plugs on all of my mowers are blacking up.

Suffolk Punch? Mrtn2104 United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 09:24 AM
Suffolk Punch? Mrtn2104 United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 08:21 AM
Suffolk Punch? Mrtn2104 United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 03:35 AM
Suffolk Punch? Mrtn2104 United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 12:28 AM
Suffolk Punch? Mrtn2104 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2004 09:03 PM