GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Purple Bell Vine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/177247-purple-bell-vine.html)

jaycee 26-07-2008 03:29 AM

Purple Bell Vine

I have grown, for the first time, the Purple Bell Vine - how do I take seeds for next year please? Thanks, Jaycee

beccabunga 26-07-2008 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycee (Post 806243)
I have grown, for the first time, the Purple Bell Vine - how do I take seeds for next year please? Thanks, Jaycee

If you can, let the seed pods dry on the vine before removing. If you feel the weather is against that, remove the pods when they have swelled and dry them off inside. Once the pods are dry, break them open and retrieve the seeds.

jaycee 27-07-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccabunga (Post 806244)
If you can, let the seed pods dry on the vine before removing. If you feel the weather is against that, remove the pods when they have swelled and dry them off inside. Once the pods are dry, break them open and retrieve the seeds.

Thanks beccabunga, it's such a lovely vine, I've got so many ideas of where to plant it for next year - as long as I can germinate the seeds and weather permitting!