Old 26-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Registered User

Default Purple Bell Vine

I have grown, for the first time, the Purple Bell Vine - how do I take seeds for next year please? Thanks, Jaycee
Old 26-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I have grown, for the first time, the Purple Bell Vine - how do I take seeds for next year please? Thanks, Jaycee
If you can, let the seed pods dry on the vine before removing. If you feel the weather is against that, remove the pods when they have swelled and dry them off inside. Once the pods are dry, break them open and retrieve the seeds.
Old 27-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
If you can, let the seed pods dry on the vine before removing. If you feel the weather is against that, remove the pods when they have swelled and dry them off inside. Once the pods are dry, break them open and retrieve the seeds.
Thanks beccabunga, it's such a lovely vine, I've got so many ideas of where to plant it for next year - as long as I can germinate the seeds and weather permitting!