Old 29-08-2008, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DC DC is offline

Default What kind of plant is this?

Hello,

This NG has helped a couple of times in the past, so I thought I'd try this
one.
My wife's birthday today, and my daughter gave her this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=153y7g6&s=4
I guess it's an orchid, but what sort?? If I know the name, I may be able to
find out how to care for it, like how
often to mow it, etc.....
Hope someone can help,

Dave (brownfingers).

Old 29-08-2008, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,

This NG has helped a couple of times in the past, so I thought I'd try
this one.
My wife's birthday today, and my daughter gave her this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=153y7g6&s=4
I guess it's an orchid, but what sort?? If I know the name, I may be able
to find out how to care for it, like how
often to mow it, etc.....
Hope someone can help,

Dave (brownfingers).

I think it's a Phaelenopsis (sp?). Fairly easy to care for. The Expert
Book Series (Dr. Hessayon) now produce an Orchid Expert Book which gives
straight forward advice, and I suggest you invest in as orchid growing is
very infectious.

Spider