GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/178253-plant-identification.html)

[email protected] 30-08-2008 08:13 PM

Plant identification

Hi,

I saw this magnificent hanging basket outside a pub recently, it was
stunning, although the picture, from my mobile phone, doesn't do it
justice.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow flowers are? Even I can tell that
the others are petunias.

The picture is here...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeono...ing_basket.JPG

AND

Does anyone have any great ideas for winter hanging baskets? I've done
pansies and ivy, I need something better!

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Des Higgins 30-08-2008 11:07 PM

Plant identification

On Aug 30, 8:13*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I saw this magnificent hanging basket outside a pub recently, it was
stunning, although the picture, from my mobile phone, doesn't do it
justice.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow flowers are? Even I can tell that
the others are petunias.

The picture is here...http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeono...ing_basket.JPG

AND

Does anyone have any great ideas for winter hanging baskets? I've done
pansies and ivy, I need something better!

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Bidens (do not know species) something or other

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 31-08-2008 08:43 AM

Plant identification

In article 1fdb9030-207a-48c6-8067-
,
says...
On Aug 30, 8:13*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I saw this magnificent hanging basket outside a pub recently, it was
stunning, although the picture, from my mobile phone, doesn't do it
justice.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow flowers are? Even I can tell that
the others are petunias.

The picture is here...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeono...ing_basket.JPG

AND

Does anyone have any great ideas for winter hanging baskets? I've done
pansies and ivy, I need something better!

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Bidens (do not know species) something or other

Was going to be my suggestion to!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Spider 31-08-2008 01:45 PM

Plant identification

T...
On Aug 30, 8:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's Bidens. I only know of two forms: Bidens heterophylla and B.
ferrulifolia.

Spider