Old 30-08-2008, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant identification

Hi,

I saw this magnificent hanging basket outside a pub recently, it was
stunning, although the picture, from my mobile phone, doesn't do it
justice.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow flowers are? Even I can tell that
the others are petunias.

The picture is here...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeono...ing_basket.JPG

AND

Does anyone have any great ideas for winter hanging baskets? I've done
pansies and ivy, I need something better!

Thanks in advance!

Julie
Old 30-08-2008, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 30, 8:13*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I saw this magnificent hanging basket outside a pub recently, it was
stunning, although the picture, from my mobile phone, doesn't do it
justice.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow flowers are? Even I can tell that
the others are petunias.

The picture is here...http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeono...ing_basket.JPG

AND

Does anyone have any great ideas for winter hanging baskets? I've done
pansies and ivy, I need something better!

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Bidens (do not know species) something or other
Old 31-08-2008, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 1fdb9030-207a-48c6-8067-
,
says...
On Aug 30, 8:13*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I saw this magnificent hanging basket outside a pub recently, it was
stunning, although the picture, from my mobile phone, doesn't do it
justice.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow flowers are? Even I can tell that
the others are petunias.

The picture is here...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeono...ing_basket.JPG

AND

Does anyone have any great ideas for winter hanging baskets? I've done
pansies and ivy, I need something better!

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Bidens (do not know species) something or other

Was going to be my suggestion to!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 31-08-2008, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

T...
On Aug 30, 8:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's Bidens. I only know of two forms: Bidens heterophylla and B.
ferrulifolia.

Spider