GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   GW new presenter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/178351-gw-new-presenter.html)

Pam Moore 02-09-2008 02:01 PM

GW new presenter

Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

Spider 02-09-2008 04:31 PM

GW new presenter

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam,

I certainly expressed an interest, following his appearance on a recent GW.
I am still very hopeful and look forward to seeing his first episode at the
helm.

Spider

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 02-09-2008 04:41 PM

GW new presenter

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:01:49 +0100, Pam Moore wrote:

Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

I posted a link to the annoucement ages ago

Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Toby Buckland new GW presenter
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:01:35 +0100 (BST)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...08_august/13/b
uckland.shtml

--
Cheers
Dave.

Sacha[_3_] 02-09-2008 07:33 PM

GW new presenter

On 2/9/08 14:01, in article , "Pam
Moore" wrote:

Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

Don't think it was me, Pam. I thought Christine Walkden would do a good job
of it but from what I've seen of TB I think he'll do very well, too. What's
needed is someone with all-round knowledge who can engage the experienced as
well as the novice - not an easy job description for tv! Of course, what's
needed also is PLANT NAMES ON THE SCREEN! And yes, I am shouting! Drives
us nucking futs to see something gorgeous and not to be told what it is!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Pam Moore 02-09-2008 09:17 PM

GW new presenter

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:33:40 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Drives us nucking futs to see something gorgeous and not to be told what it is!

Agreed!
Pam

Pam in Bristol

Spider 03-09-2008 12:47 PM

GW new presenter

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/08 14:01, in article ,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

[...]

I'm sure the Reverand Spooner would agree with you. So do I, emphatically.

Spider

Sacha[_3_] 03-09-2008 01:43 PM

GW new presenter

On 3/9/08 12:47, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/08 14:01, in article
,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

[...]

I doubt the Reverend gentleman would have understood me. ;-))

Spider 03-09-2008 04:09 PM

GW new presenter

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 12:47, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/08 14:01, in article
,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

[...]

Oh indeed, Sacha, it's his job to understand you ....
11th commandment: thou shalt not nuck futs.
{:~))
Spider

Sacha[_3_] 03-09-2008 06:11 PM

GW new presenter

On 3/9/08 14:35, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:43:05 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 3/9/08 12:47, in article
, "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/08 14:01, in article
,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

[...]

Were you fighting a liar on his lawn or having a BBQ?

Whoosh!

Sacha[_3_] 03-09-2008 06:12 PM

GW new presenter

On 3/9/08 16:09, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 12:47, in article
, "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/08 14:01, in article
,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

[...]

Tish.

Sacha[_3_] 03-09-2008 06:23 PM

GW new presenter

On 3/9/08 18:15, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:11:25 +0100, Sacha wrote:

snip

Were you fighting a liar on his lawn or having a BBQ?

Whoosh!

No whoosh, you are confusing me with a naive blonde musketeer in Nevada.

I think you're ahead of yourself there! And urg!

Sacha[_3_] 03-09-2008 11:13 PM

GW new presenter

On 3/9/08 18:28, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:23:10 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 3/9/08 18:15, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:11:25 +0100, Sacha wrote:

snip

Were you fighting a liar on his lawn or having a BBQ?

Whoosh!

No whoosh, you are confusing me with a naive blonde musketeer in Nevada.

I think you're ahead of yourself there! And urg!

Isn't that where she is hiding or is she on the Californian side?

Search me - or rather, don't!

Janet Tweedy 04-09-2008 12:04 PM

GW new presenter

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

I said it a while back, he is quite an unassuming but pleasant
personality though he did get stuck with his wife on Sly television
doing awful gardening challenge shows.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph