Old 02-09-2008, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default GW new presenter

Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol
Old 02-09-2008, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam,

I certainly expressed an interest, following his appearance on a recent GW.
I am still very hopeful and look forward to seeing his first episode at the
helm.

Spider

Old 02-09-2008, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:01:49 +0100, Pam Moore wrote:

Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

I posted a link to the annoucement ages ago

Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Toby Buckland new GW presenter
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:01:35 +0100 (BST)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...08_august/13/b
uckland.shtml

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:33:40 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Drives us nucking futs to see something gorgeous and not to be told what it is!

Agreed!
Pam

Pam in Bristol

Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/9/08 16:09, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/9/08 12:47, in article
, "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/08 14:01, in article
,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

Don't think it was me, Pam. I thought Christine Walkden would do a good
job
of it but from what I've seen of TB I think he'll do very well, too.
What's
needed is someone with all-round knowledge who can engage the
experienced
as
well as the novice - not an easy job description for tv! Of course,
what's
needed also is PLANT NAMES ON THE SCREEN! And yes, I am shouting!
Drives
us nucking futs to see something gorgeous and not to be told what it is!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I'm sure the Reverand Spooner would agree with you. So do I,
emphatically.

Spider

I doubt the Reverend gentleman would have understood me. ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Oh indeed, Sacha, it's his job to understand you ....
11th commandment: thou shalt not nuck futs.
{:~))
Spider

Tish.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Someboday (was it Sacha) suggested Toby Buckland as a good
follow-up to Monty for GW. I see from the new Radio Times that he is
taking on the job.

Pam in Bristol

I said it a while back, he is quite an unassuming but pleasant
personality though he did get stuck with his wife on Sly television
doing awful gardening challenge shows.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph