Old 02-09-2008, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default agapanthus care

Hi, I've had a nice white agapanthus that originated in Madeira, its a nice
white one, I split it about 3 years ago from afriend, this is the first year
it has flowered. I have 2 in the ground (only one flowered, too shady) and
the other two in tall ceramic bread bins converted to pots, plenty of
drainage. I want to know what to do when they have finished flowering?

Another question re my bougainvillea, my original one is now developing
shoots again, its on the windowsill indoors, (not the conservatory at the
moment) I gave it a hard prune last year, I'm not keeping outside as its
so wet, so a spot of dryness is called for! I bought another 2 this year,
they were only about a foot tall, and I only paid £5 for them, ( I gathered
them up delightedly) and they have rewarded me by growing another foot, and
are in full bloom, one is orange, and the other is a beautiful shade of red,
I'm not sure what to do about them, when do you think I should think about
bringing them indoors? think they would like the light in the
conservatory, but I'm not sure about the heat at the moment, we get the sun
in the mornings, and it can get quite warm in there! All hints greatly
appreciated.

Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Ruth Australia 11 22-01-2011 11:28 AM
Garden Gnomes care about the environment? Obviously not! Take legal action against fishing groups, under the duty of care rule. Brian[_9_] United Kingdom 0 07-02-2007 08:01 PM
Agapanthus Loosecannon Australia 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM
Agapanthus tangle John United Kingdom 2 08-03-2003 06:22 PM
Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Rita Bogna Australia 0 15-02-2003 06:11 AM