Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any ideas what left this?

http://www.ilmiogiardino.co.uk/home/eggs.jpg

Monday morning I went out to feed the birds and noticed to patches of yellow
on my lawn. That evening they were a blue/grey colour.

Yesterday morning the lawn was clear but this morning there's the same
yellow "eggs", again in two small areas.

The scale in the photo is mm.

--
Steve

Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:54:17 GMT, "Steve Turner"
wrote:

http://www.ilmiogiardino.co.uk/home/eggs.jpg

Monday morning I went out to feed the birds and noticed to patches of yellow
on my lawn. That evening they were a blue/grey colour.

Yesterday morning the lawn was clear but this morning there's the same
yellow "eggs", again in two small areas.

The scale in the photo is mm.

toad eggs?
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
om...
http://www.ilmiogiardino.co.uk/home/eggs.jpg

Monday morning I went out to feed the birds and noticed to patches of
yellow
on my lawn. That evening they were a blue/grey colour.

Yesterday morning the lawn was clear but this morning there's the same
yellow "eggs", again in two small areas.

The scale in the photo is mm.

--
Steve

They look like snail or slug eggs but which type of snail or slug I can't
tell you!

If you press one between finger and thumb it will burst, the shell is
brittle and the contents liquid - if it's snail or slug that is :-)

It's been a good summer for them ...

Mary

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mary Fisher wrote:

: "Steve Turner" wrote in message
: om...
:: http://www.ilmiogiardino.co.uk/home/eggs.jpg
::
:: Monday morning I went out to feed the birds and noticed to patches of
:: yellow
:: on my lawn. That evening they were a blue/grey colour.
::
:: Yesterday morning the lawn was clear but this morning there's the
:: same yellow "eggs", again in two small areas.
::
:: The scale in the photo is mm.

::
: They look like snail or slug eggs but which type of snail or slug I
: can't tell you!

Slugs was my first guess as I have started to get a lot of slugs on the lawn
after a wet night. But when I searched on sites they suggest they are laid
in crevices in the soil (these are at the tops of grass stalks) and are 2-3
mm in diameter and oval (these are less than 1mm).

: If you press one between finger and thumb it will burst, the shell is
: brittle and the contents liquid - if it's snail or slug that is :-)

This evening they are dark (almost black) and when I squash them they just
seem to be like paste. if I see more yellow ones I'll see what happens to
them.

--
Steve