GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/179637-where-can-i-get-plant-seeds-corylus-ferrox-within-uk-eec.html)

gb 06-11-2008 05:18 PM

Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

Any ideas ???

someone 06-11-2008 10:26 PM

Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

"gb" wrote in message
Any ideas ???

B & S. Wynn-Jones,
Crug Farm Plants,
Griffith's Crossing, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 1TU
tel: (01248) 670232
www.crug-farm.co.uk

HTH

someone

beccabunga 07-11-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb (Post 821985)
Any ideas ???

http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPLANTFINDER...1=9&so=pf&mo=N

Janet Tweedy 07-11-2008 01:58 PM

Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

In article , gb
writes
Any ideas ???

Google reports ..

Walnut Tree Garden Nursery - Shrubs Corylus avellana Hazel. Attractive
medium sized tree bearing long yellow catkins in late .... Lobed pink
flowers with dark brown and red seeds. Hardy. ...
www.wtgn.co.uk/html/shrubs.html

Thornhayes range of Ornamental Trees Corylus colurna, The Turkish
Hazel.A handsome large pyramidal tree with ... Crataegus monogyna
‘Ferox’, An unusual form with clusters of thorns at each node ...
www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/cat_ornamental.php - 130k

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

gb 12-11-2008 07:39 PM

Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

Sorry - What have they got to do with Corylus Ferox ??

beccabunga 12-11-2008 10:35 PM

think the poster just saw "corylus" and thought you wanted any form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb (Post 822538)

Janet Tweedy 13-11-2008 11:24 PM

Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

In article , gb
writes

Walnut Tree Garden Nursery - Shrubs Corylus avellana Hazel. Attractive
medium sized tree bearing long yellow catkins in late .... Lobed pink
flowers with dark brown and red seeds. Hardy. ...
www.wtgn.co.uk/html/shrubs.html

Thornhayes range of Ornamental Trees Corylus colurna, The Turkish
Hazel.A handsome large pyramidal tree with ... Crataegus monogyna
‘Ferox’, An unusual form with clusters of thorns at each node ...
www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/cat_ornamental.php - 130k

Oh bother I found a reference and clipped the wrong bits. Now I can't
find it again!

Janet

Janet Tweedy 16-11-2008 05:10 PM

Where can I get plant or seeds of Corylus Ferrox within UK/EEC

I meant to say try the NCCPG national collections as well.
The two corylus ones are

Corylus Tree Hampshire Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
Corylus (Cobnuts/Filberts) Fruit Kent University Of Reading & Fast Ltd.

I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction.