GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cutting the dross (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/181409-cutting-dross.html)

James R 24-02-2009 08:18 PM

Cutting the dross

"Isleman" Isleman@home wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Kindest regards

Mike

Well Mike,

As you see I have cut the 'dross' from your post and suggest the best
thing would be for you to give up posting and give us all a break.

Couldn't agree more!

I'd like to point out to other users of this group that not all people
living on the Isle of Wight are like 'Mike', some of us are quite normal.

I had always thought so. Maybe he needs to be Sectioned.

I'd also like to say that I am familiar with Heath Road in Lake where our
friend lives and don't recognise it from his rather fanciful description!

Kindest regards

'Andrew'

I might just send him the contents of my compost bin!

Hugh Jampton 24-02-2009 08:20 PM

Cutting the dross

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:40:56 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Oh god, Hugh - why encourage him? ;-))

Sorry Sacha :-)

I thought I might just get a sensible reply from him. I *really* should
have known better !! He's never posted anything sensible .....
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

'Mike'[_4_] 24-02-2009 08:24 PM

Cutting the dross

You idiot! You talk about education and don't even know when to use
"TO" and "TOO" correctly.

You look and see what I mean.

That dos not make any sense.

People in glass houses ;-))

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Hugh Jampton 24-02-2009 08:25 PM

Cutting the dross

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:37:58 +0000, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Mike - please learn what a SIG SEP is and how it should be used in
newsgroups !!

No reply. I wonder why ?

Well I don't actually wonder why. You are *always* right and *everyone*
else is *always* wrong :-)

Seek help Mike - you need it.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Sacha[_3_] 24-02-2009 08:29 PM

Cutting the dross

On 24/2/09 20:20, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:40:56 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Oh god, Hugh - why encourage him? ;-))

Sorry Sacha :-)

I thought I might just get a sensible reply from him. I *really* should
have known better !! He's never posted anything sensible .....

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating it!
;-(
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

'Mike'[_4_] 24-02-2009 08:31 PM

Cutting the dross

Well I don't actually wonder why. You are *always* right and *everyone*
else is *always* wrong :-)

:-))

Nearly.

You just watch the postings in the future and see the lack of snipping.
Track down yards of wasted posting which has been read before.

Just watch and see how right I am :-))

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Spider 24-02-2009 10:30 PM

Cutting the dross

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

You're right, Sacha. It's a pity he doesn't stick to gardening; most of
us
would be prepared to respond in kind, and more kindly. Wonder if
he'll ever
learn?

In the dim and distant past, when I was still hoping for some sign of
intelligent life, he told us that he didn't do any gardening.

So, put that paving slab back before he crawls out again.

THUD! Oops! Think I just dropped it on him ...

Spider

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

BAC 25-02-2009 12:57 PM

Cutting the dross

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings, he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Rusty_Hinge[_2_] 25-02-2009 02:54 PM

Cutting the dross

The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did
so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings,
he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Whatever happend to Andy?

Lots of gore and guts?

Disaffected RAF pilot target him?

ITWSBT

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

'Mike'[_4_] 25-02-2009 03:27 PM

Cutting the dross

--
.................................................. ..............
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being
so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating
it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did
so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary
Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings,
he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Whatever happend to Andy?

Lots of gore and guts?

Disaffected RAF pilot target him?

ITWSBT

--
Rusty

Still playing pink Oboes possibly

Mike

Separator in search of a sig

Sacha[_3_] 25-02-2009 04:08 PM

Cutting the dross

On 25/2/09 14:54, in article
, "Rusty_Hinge"
wrote:

The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article
,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did
so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings,
he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Whatever happend to Andy?

Lots of gore and guts?

Disaffected RAF pilot target him?

ITWSBT

AIUI he was bullied off the group by the very man who has barged in here to
get his ego fed.
--
Sacha

Sacha[_3_] 25-02-2009 04:11 PM

Cutting the dross

On 25/2/09 16:10, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:08:48 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 25/2/09 14:54, in article
, "Rusty_Hinge"
wrote:

The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article
,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did
so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings,
he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Whatever happend to Andy?

Lots of gore and guts?

Disaffected RAF pilot target him?

ITWSBT

AIUI he was bullied off the group by the very man who has barged in here to
get his ego fed.

It's a lot more complicated than that. IMO best forgotten

I think so - a very unsavoury episode all round.

'Mike'[_4_] 25-02-2009 04:21 PM

Cutting the dross

It's a lot more complicated than that. IMO best forgotten

I think so - a very unsavoury episode all round.
--
Sacha

Yes I agree. Very unsavoury to which he never denied the allegations.

So we can only assume them to be true.

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Have you noticed I have snipped all the irrelevant dross? Doesn't it make
reading easier?

BAC 25-02-2009 06:50 PM

Cutting the dross

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being
so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating
it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did
so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary
Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings,
he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Whatever happend to Andy?

Lots of gore and guts?

Disaffected RAF pilot target him?

ITWSBT