GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I knew we'd pay..... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/182420-i-knew-wed-pay.html)

Sacha[_3_] 08-04-2009 12:05 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

.....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Ophelia[_4_] 08-04-2009 08:04 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

Sacha wrote:
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing
rain here tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think
we've gone straight to autumn!

Same he(

Bob Hobden 08-04-2009 08:12 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Ophelia[_4_] 08-04-2009 08:14 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing
rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of
rain last night to make things grow.

Lucky you:)

Gopher 08-04-2009 08:44 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

In message , Sacha
writes
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

..... and look at it this morning :-)) I don't know about Devon but
Daarset needed the rain badly. Now it can stay away again for a week or
so.

--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Bobbie[_5_] 08-04-2009 09:30 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

Gopher wrote:
In message , Sacha
writes
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing
rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

.... and look at it this morning :-)) I don't know about Devon but
Daarset needed the rain badly. Now it can stay away again for a week or so.

Indeed it did.
It is glorious here this morning in rural Canford Magna, and I have to
say for the past several weeks we have had the best of all the weather
that has been on offer. I am way ahead in my regular chores and am now
ready for Summer planting with a green house bursting with plants.
Nice to meet a fellow Daarset member.

Bobbie, Scottish Grandma now living in Dorset.

Judith in France 08-04-2009 09:34 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

On Apr 8, 12:05*am, Sacha wrote:
....for the lovely past weather. *We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. *In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

It's exactly the same here in France Sacha added to that I feel quite
wretched so no gardening or anything for me today, back to bed I
think!!!!

Judith

Sacha[_3_] 08-04-2009 09:36 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

On 8/4/09 08:12, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

Yes, it's dawned that way here, too but I see clouds piling up from Dartmoor
direction. ;-( A sunny, bright Easter would be lovely!

Sacha[_3_] 08-04-2009 09:37 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

On 8/4/09 08:44, in article , "Gopher"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

.... and look at it this morning :-)) I don't know about Devon but
Daarset needed the rain badly. Now it can stay away again for a week or
so.

It's certainly saved on outside watering - you're right it was very dry.

Sacha[_3_] 08-04-2009 09:57 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

On 8/4/09 09:34, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Apr 8, 12:05*am, Sacha wrote:
....for the lovely past weather. *We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. *In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

It's exactly the same here in France Sacha added to that I feel quite
wretched so no gardening or anything for me today, back to bed I
think!!!!

Judith

Poor you - have you caught a lurgy? I've just received the new Donna Leon
so would (almost) welcome a duvet day! Fat chance! We're off to buy some
furniture for the garden and I have a mass of plants to list as well as more
names and details to transfer onto the business computer. I fell asleep
last night with Latin names dancing around my brain! Hope you're feeling
better soon, Judith. Lots of water and plenty of sleep for you!

Sacha[_3_] 08-04-2009 09:59 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

On 8/4/09 09:45, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 00:05:56 +0100, Sacha wrote:

....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

It looks like what you had has come straight to us, but after all it is almost
Easter. We decided to stay at home rather than have the pleasure of Easter
weather on holiday. It snowed last Easter Monday.

Last Easter was *awful* but then it was also extremely early. I do wish
that the Powers That Be would decide on a fixed date. If it keeps shoogling
around all over the place and is said to be THE major Christian festival, I
would have thought it more respectful and sensible to have a fixed date for
it!

Derek Turner 08-04-2009 10:15 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:59:10 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Last Easter was *awful* but then it was also extremely early. I do wish
that the Powers That Be would decide on a fixed date. If it keeps
shoogling around all over the place and is said to be THE major
Christian festival, I would have thought it more respectful and sensible
to have a fixed date for it!

But Sacha, it /is/ fixed! It's always the first Sunday after the first
full moon after the spring equinox. What could be simpler? And if Pope
Gregory hadn't buggered about with the calendar we'd all celebrate it on
the same day!

Kathy 08-04-2009 10:52 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

Same here, though we have some low but fluffy clouds. They have promised
more rain tomorrow afternoon.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Kathy 08-04-2009 10:55 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

"Sacha" wrote in message

wrote:

....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

It looks like what you had has come straight to us, but after all it is
almost
Easter. We decided to stay at home rather than have the pleasure of
Easter
weather on holiday. It snowed last Easter Monday.

Last Easter was *awful* but then it was also extremely early. I do wish
that the Powers That Be would decide on a fixed date. If it keeps
shoogling
around all over the place and is said to be THE major Christian festival,
would have thought it more respectful and sensible to have a fixed date
for
it!

It does have a fixed date - the first Sunday after the full moon following
the new moon in March - or something like that :-}

K 08-04-2009 11:56 AM

I knew we'd pay.....

Kathy writes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
....for the lovely past weather. We have strong winds and lashing rain
here
tonight and it's none too warm, either. In fact, I think we've gone
straight to autumn!

Beautiful morning here, sun, clear blue sky and still, and a bit of rain
last night to make things grow.

Same here, though we have some low but fluffy clouds. They have promised
more rain tomorrow afternoon.

Sun here (Yorks), but *very* windy. Resident oligochaetologist has gone
out to buy a large bit of wood - not sure how sensible it is to put
large sheets of wood on the roof rack on a day like today. He should
have gone yesterday.
--
Kay