Old 19-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered User

Location: Wales UK
Smile Front Garden Vegetables

I would like to get my front garden contributing towards the food bill. I’m at a loss as to what to grow. Not only must the garden be aesthetically pleasing (whingeing neighbours) but the house faces north and the garden spends a lot of time in the shade. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
__________________
Regards

Peter

Have a look at Milly's Garden Toolbar
Old 21-04-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Front Garden Vegetables

The message
from PeterGreenMan contains
these words:

I would like to get my front garden contributing towards the food bill.
I’m at a loss as to what to grow. Not only must the garden be
aesthetically pleasing (whingeing neighbours) but the house faces north
and the garden spends a lot of time in the shade. Any suggestions or
advice would be appreciated.

Jerusalem artichokes make a nice screen so the neighbours won't see
what's there...

Most edible things need light, but gooseberries tolerate some shade, as
do ramsons.

--
Rusty