GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding Strawberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/182982-feeding-strawberries.html)

soup[_3_] 25-04-2009 06:44 PM

Feeding Strawberries

Our strawberry plants are starting to show flowers so we are feeding
them . Thing is we can't remember how often to feed the Strawbs, any
ideas?

Spider[_2_] 25-04-2009 06:59 PM

Feeding Strawberries

"soup" wrote in message
om...
Our strawberry plants are starting to show flowers so we are feeding
them . Thing is we can't remember how often to feed the Strawbs, any
ideas?

You will need to give them a high potash feed, such as Tomerite or a
proprietory rose fertiliser. The dilution rate and application dosage will
be on the back of the pack.

Spider

soup[_3_] 25-04-2009 07:15 PM

Feeding Strawberries

Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

Spider[_2_] 25-04-2009 08:46 PM

Feeding Strawberries

"soup" wrote in message
m...
Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

Oh dear. I've got Tomorite, so could check my label for you (prob tomorrow
now it's dark), but if you're using rose fertiliser, I can't help. The
other possibility is a Sunday visit to Homebase/B&Q et al, to 'borrow' a
read of their labels. Cheeky, but do-able:~).

Spider

Sacha[_4_] 25-04-2009 11:45 PM

Feeding Strawberries

soup wrote:
Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

No info on any of their web sites?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

'Mike'[_4_] 26-04-2009 09:56 AM

Feeding Strawberries

--
.................................................. ..............
"Spider" wrote in message

"soup" wrote in message
m...
Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

Oh dear. I've got Tomorite, so could check my label for you (prob
tomorrow now it's dark), but if you're using rose fertiliser, I can't
help. The other possibility is a Sunday visit to Homebase/B&Q et al, to
'borrow' a read of their labels. Cheeky, but do-able:~).

Spider

Use measure provided. Dilute 20ml in 4.5 litres (1 Gallon) of water

Apply to base of plant avoiding foliage.

From the instructions if you want anything else give me a call

Mike