Old 25-04-2009, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Feeding Strawberries

Our strawberry plants are starting to show flowers so we are feeding
them . Thing is we can't remember how often to feed the Strawbs, any
ideas?
Old 25-04-2009, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"soup" wrote in message
news
Our strawberry plants are starting to show flowers so we are feeding
them . Thing is we can't remember how often to feed the Strawbs, any
ideas?

You will need to give them a high potash feed, such as Tomerite or a
proprietory rose fertiliser. The dilution rate and application dosage will
be on the back of the pack.

Spider

Old 25-04-2009, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

Old 25-04-2009, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"soup" wrote in message
m...
Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

Oh dear. I've got Tomorite, so could check my label for you (prob tomorrow
now it's dark), but if you're using rose fertiliser, I can't help. The
other possibility is a Sunday visit to Homebase/B&Q et al, to 'borrow' a
read of their labels. Cheeky, but do-able:~).

Spider

Old 25-04-2009, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

soup wrote:
Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

No info on any of their web sites?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 26-04-2009, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
.................................................. ..............
"Spider" wrote in message

"soup" wrote in message
m...
Spider wrote:

The dilution rate and application dosage
will be on the back of the pack.

That's the main problem, the label on the bottle/container of soft
fruit feed is indecipherable as it is mostly worn away.
New bottle of feed, as this bottle is over a year old?

Oh dear. I've got Tomorite, so could check my label for you (prob
tomorrow now it's dark), but if you're using rose fertiliser, I can't
help. The other possibility is a Sunday visit to Homebase/B&Q et al, to
'borrow' a read of their labels. Cheeky, but do-able:~).

Spider

Use measure provided. Dilute 20ml in 4.5 litres (1 Gallon) of water

Apply to base of plant avoiding foliage.

From the instructions if you want anything else give me a call

Mike

Feeding strawberries gasdoctor United Kingdom 1 14-06-2005 01:03 AM
Moving Strawberries Lilac Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 05:44 PM
strawberries? H United Kingdom 6 21-02-2003 08:33 PM
Question about strawberries! Claude Gardening 5 06-02-2003 12:48 PM
Indian Strawberries again JLee United Kingdom 3 21-11-2002 02:33 PM