GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bumble Bees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183409-bumble-bees.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 08-05-2009 01:43 PM

Bumble Bees

Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater height
seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs, legs up, dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

--
..

Kate Morgan 08-05-2009 01:48 PM

Bumble Bees

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater height
seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs, legs up,
dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

'Mike'[_4_] 08-05-2009 01:54 PM

Bumble Bees

--
..
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater height
seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs, legs up,
dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Ours have been found during/after dry warmish spells :-((

We are South facing South East Isle of Wight. Are you anywhere near?

Mike

Kate Morgan 08-05-2009 03:03 PM

Bumble Bees

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater
height seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs,
legs up, dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Ours have been found during/after dry warmish spells :-((

We are South facing South East Isle of Wight. Are you anywhere near?

Mike

No we are in Gloucestershire. Sorry I should have put where we are, slap
wristy :-)

'Mike'[_4_] 08-05-2009 03:09 PM

Bumble Bees

--
..
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
et...

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater
height seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs,
legs up, dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Ours have been found during/after dry warmish spells :-((

We are South facing South East Isle of Wight. Are you anywhere near?

Mike

No we are in Gloucestershire. Sorry I should have put where we are, slap
wristy :-)

Minor detail and as a Gentleman I will make no comment ;-)

I did wonder if it was a disease or something, but unless a survey is done
or more respond ........ don't know!!

Mike

'Mike'[_4_] 08-05-2009 03:25 PM

Bumble Bees

--
..

.

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

Kate I have emailed you. Did you get it?

Mike

Kate Morgan 08-05-2009 09:49 PM

Bumble Bees

Just picked up and answered Mike

Tim 19-05-2009 12:12 PM

Bumble Bees

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lusername/
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
et...

Just picked up and answered Mike

Kate I have emailed you. Did you get it?

Mike

This info might be of some help

Here's a fairly good overview which covers CCD and pesticide issues.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...re.environment

Varroa mite info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varroa_destructor

Bee Craft beekeeping journal
http://www.bee-craft.com/colony-coll...der-update.htm