Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bumble Bees

Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater height
seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs, legs up, dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

--
..

Old 08-05-2009, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater height
seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs, legs up,
dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater height
seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs, legs up,
dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Ours have been found during/after dry warmish spells :-((

We are South facing South East Isle of Wight. Are you anywhere near?

Mike

Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater
height seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs,
legs up, dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Ours have been found during/after dry warmish spells :-((

We are South facing South East Isle of Wight. Are you anywhere near?

Mike

No we are in Gloucestershire. Sorry I should have put where we are, slap
wristy :-)

Old 08-05-2009, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
et...

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Are other people finding dead Bumble Bees?

We have in the past had quite a few Honey Bees which seem OK, but the
Bumblies are staggering around on the ground, lifting to a greater
height seems to no avail and the next we see is them on their backs,
legs up, dead

Any comments anyone?

Mike

I found two this morning, I put it down to the cold and wet night but I
don't know :-(

kate

Ours have been found during/after dry warmish spells :-((

We are South facing South East Isle of Wight. Are you anywhere near?

Mike

No we are in Gloucestershire. Sorry I should have put where we are, slap
wristy :-)

Minor detail and as a Gentleman I will make no comment ;-)

I did wonder if it was a disease or something, but unless a survey is done
or more respond ........ don't know!!

Mike

Old 08-05-2009, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..

.

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

Kate I have emailed you. Did you get it?

Mike

Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Just picked up and answered Mike

Old 19-05-2009, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tim is offline

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lusername/
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
et...

Just picked up and answered Mike

Kate I have emailed you. Did you get it?

Mike

This info might be of some help

Here's a fairly good overview which covers CCD and pesticide issues.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...re.environment

Varroa mite info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varroa_destructor

Bee Craft beekeeping journal
http://www.bee-craft.com/colony-coll...der-update.htm