GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Very small green insects on the leaves of my pancies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/183709-very-small-green-insects-leaves-my-pancies.html)

dina 17-05-2009 10:05 AM

Very small green insects on the leaves of my pancies

Hi,
there are lots of them and my pancies are dieing. I don't like to use chemicals. Is there any other,natural way I can get rid of them? Some advise please.
Thank you.
Dina

Granity 17-05-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dina (Post 845367)
Hi,
there are lots of them and my pancies are dieing. I don't like to use chemicals. Is there any other,natural way I can get rid of them? Some advise please.
Thank you.
Dina

Soap and water spayed or sprinkled on or rub them off with your fingers ie squash them.

David in Normandy[_8_] 17-05-2009 05:26 PM

dina wrote:
Hi,
there are lots of them and my pancies are dieing. I don't like to use
chemicals. Is there any other,natural way I can get rid of them? Some
advise please.
Thank you.
Dina

If they are green fly, try spraying them with a little washing up liquid
in water. About the some strength as used to wash dishes. Easy if you
have one of those little mist sprayers. Best done on a sunny dry day.
They will soon wither and go black and die. You may need to treat again
periodically to keep on top of the problem.

--
David in Normandy.