Old 28-05-2009, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mirabel & Michael Osler

Anyone with any interest in Gardening and Gardening Books will of course be
familiar with Mirabel Osler, but we can find no trace of Michael Osler's
past or what took him, and Mirabel on all of their travels around the world
and the gardens they kept there.

All we know is a small article at the end of one of her books, "A gentle
plea for chaos" Reflections from an English Garden, 'On 26th April 1989,
since this book was written, Michael died'

Any info anyone? Google doesn't seem to help

Mike

--
..

Old 29-05-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"'Mike'" wrote in message
Anyone with any interest in Gardening and Gardening Books will of course
be familiar with Mirabel Osler, but we can find no trace of Michael
Osler's past or what took him, and Mirabel on all of their travels around
the world and the gardens they kept there.

All we know is a small article at the end of one of her books, "A gentle
plea for chaos" Reflections from an English Garden, 'On 26th April 1989,
since this book was written, Michael died'

Any info anyone? Google doesn't seem to help

Mike

--

AMAZING!!! So many people have visited this question and left their
'footprint', including those who have 'kill filed' me, but even the others

Just what DID he do??

Mike

Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
Anyone with any interest in Gardening and Gardening Books will of course be
familiar with Mirabel Osler, but we can find no trace of Michael Osler's
past or what took him, and Mirabel on all of their travels around the world
and the gardens they kept there.

All we know is a small article at the end of one of her books, "A gentle
plea for chaos" Reflections from an English Garden, 'On 26th April 1989,
since this book was written, Michael died'

Any info anyone? Google doesn't seem to help

Mike

--
..
Hi Mike, you will probably already know this, but Mirabel Osler refers extensively to Michael in her 2011 book "The Rain Tree" which I myself have only just discovered. However, there is no reference to "what took him" in 1989. I too have wanted to know. I hope it is not morbid curiosity. I think it is rather because her note at the end of "Gentle Plea for Chaos" referring to Michael, is so poignant due to its very brevity. And her references to him in her books indicate such a deep love and respect for him. So I too would like to know this if anyone can enlighten us.