GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cissus antarctica or c. rhombifolia (Grape Ivy) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184812-cissus-antarctica-c-rhombifolia-grape-ivy.html)

jaycee 15-06-2009 11:29 PM

Cissus antarctica or c. rhombifolia (Grape Ivy)

Hi, I would like to know where I can buy either of the plants above, or seeds - can anyone help please?
Thanks, Jane

Ragnar 16-06-2009 09:12 AM

"jaycee" wrote in message

Hi, I would like to know where I can buy either of the plants above, or
seeds - can anyone help please?
Thanks, Jane

A good place to start to find all kinds of plants is the Royal
Horticulatural Society's 'Plant FInder' site
http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantfinder.asp

HTH
R.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 16-06-2009 12:40 PM

Cissus antarctica or c. rhombifolia (Grape Ivy)

In article ,
says...

--
jaycee

Normally sold as a house plant and you often see them at places like
Homebase and Tescos, have a look at the online plantfinder on the RHS
site that will tell you what Nurseries expected to have it this year (not
always the same as having it!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Dave Hill 17-06-2009 01:12 PM

On 15 June, 23:29, jaycee wrote:
Hi, I would like to know where I can buy either of the plants above, or
seeds - can anyone help please?
Thanks, Jane

--
jaycee

It's the sort of plant you often find at Car boot sales etc.
David Hill

jaycee 17-06-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hill (Post 851529)
On 15 June, 23:29, jaycee wrote:
Hi, I would like to know where I can buy either of the plants above, or
seeds - can anyone help please?
Thanks, Jane

--
jaycee

It's the sort of plant you often find at Car boot sales etc.
David Hill

Hi David, and thanks for your reply. I don't drive and live alone, so car boot sales are not an option. I have, however, just ordered some seeds of C.
antarctica from the USA - so fingers crossed please!!
Jane