Old 25-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered User

Default Niallyboy

I have been given an old Howard rotavator Trying to restore as a labour of love but Model obscure-Engine has Villiers Carb but engine is marked Wolverhampton Industrial Engines. Cant find out how to identity as this company went out of business in 2000(I think) Need spares etc so if anyone can help would be very grateful. If anyone knows of Howard experts would also help
Old 25-06-2009, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Niallyboy" wrote in message

I have been given an old Howard rotavator Trying to restore as a labour
of love but Model obscure-Engine has Villiers Carb but engine is marked
Wolverhampton Industrial Engines. Cant find out how to identity as this
company went out of business in 2000(I think) Need spares etc so if
anyone can help would be very grateful. If anyone knows of Howard
experts would also help

Might be worth keeping an eye on eBay for spares.

mark

Old 25-06-2009, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Niallyboy" wrote in
message ...

I have been given an old Howard rotavator Trying to restore as
a labour
of love but Model obscure-Engine has Villiers Carb but engine
is marked
Wolverhampton Industrial Engines. Cant find out how to identity
as this
company went out of business in 2000(I think) Need spares etc
so if
anyone can help would be very grateful. If anyone knows of
Howard
experts would also help

Try joining
uk.rec.engines.stationary
They cover a lot of old engines.

Mike

Old 25-06-2009, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Niallyboy wrote:
I have been given an old Howard rotavator Trying to restore as a
labour of love but Model obscure-Engine has Villiers Carb but engine
is marked Wolverhampton Industrial Engines. Cant find out how to
identity as this company went out of business in 2000(I think) Need
spares etc so if anyone can help would be very grateful. If anyone
knows of Howard experts would also help

If you don't have any luck here, try here.....
http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php
on the 'equipment shed' board
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 26-06-2009, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 25 June, 17:40, "Muddymike" wrote:
"Niallyboy" wrote in
.. .

I have been given an old Howard rotavator Trying to restore as
a labour
of love but Model obscure-Engine has Villiers Carb but engine
is marked
Wolverhampton Industrial Engines. Cant find out how to identity
as this
company went out of business in 2000(I think) Need spares etc
so if
anyone can help would be very grateful. If anyone knows of
Howard
experts would also help

Try joining
uk.rec.engines.stationary
They cover a lot of old engines.

Mike

You could try there people' they may be able to help

tillerparts.com

David Hill