Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Wasps

Rentokill do 2 wasp killersFoam and powder.
I have used the powder which we got from Wilkinsons but you can get
both on line
I puffed the powder into the nest entrance at night and the nest was
dead by the next evening,
I have also used a similar product when I had wasps comming into a
glasshouse after grapes, I put the powder down on the 4 points of
entry I found and the carried it back to theire nest/s, I put powder
down over 3 days and after that no more wasps.

I used to have a bad allergy to wasps till I underwent a desenticising
course which lasted around 30 weeks,

Wasps are busy at this time of year building their nests and expanding
the colonies. towards the end of Aug onwards they become more of a
problem as their numbers reack their peak and as the weather cools
they get more agressive.

On the pluss side they do feed on a lot of garden pests such as
aphids, catapillars etc at this time of year.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

Like you Dave I developed a bad allergy to wasp having received multiple
stings. I use an aerosol foam and spray from a distance, but then you
need to find the nest first, so I will try the powder if I get excessive
bother this year.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

WAsps, wasps and more wasps Broadback United Kingdom 69 09-08-2004 09:57 AM
How to Kill spiders wasps earwigs centipedes etc Kat Gardening 14 16-05-2003 11:56 PM
the truth about wasps...and contrition Edible Gardening 0 08-05-2003 10:20 PM
Ground Wasps Lar Gardening 2 01-05-2003 05:44 AM
Wasps nest in the attic Peter Crosland United Kingdom 30 07-12-2002 07:56 PM