GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hello & Plant Identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185499-hello-plant-identification.html)

Rosie1 07-07-2009 12:06 AM

Hello & Plant Identification

1 Attachment(s)
This is my first post on a gardening forum and I wanted to introduce myself and say can anyone help me identify the plant in the attached picture.

It's in my garden and I've not been able to figure out what it is yet ...

I'm into all sorts of gardening including growing vegetables, however I'm a novice so I try my best - if it works, it works, if not then I try again :-)

Anyhow, if anyone can help me out with my question it would be very much appreciated.

Rosie

FuchsiaLover 07-07-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie1 (Post 854841)

It's difficult to tell just from the flowers. Have you got any photos showing more of the leaves and the whole plant? It looks like some sort of nightshade to me: http://plants.montara.com/ListPages/...es/Solana.html

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 07-07-2009 01:09 PM

Hello & Plant Identification

In article ,
says...

This is my first post on a gardening forum and I wanted to introduce
myself and say can anyone help me identify the plant in the attached
picture.

It's in my garden and I've not been able to figure out what it is yet
..

I'm into all sorts of gardening including growing vegetables, however
I'm a novice so I try my best - if it works, it works, if not then I
try again :-)

Anyhow, if anyone can help me out with my question it would be very
much appreciated.

Rosie

|Filename: Flower-Unknown.gif |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11556|

Rosie1

Its a clematis, if its huge it will be Clematis x jouiniana Praecox if it
stops at a modest 4' then Clematis heracilifolia
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Rosie1 07-07-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] (Post 854958)
In article ,
says...

[...]

Rosie here, thanks so much for the feedback - really very much appreciated.

Spider[_2_] 08-07-2009 01:10 PM

"Rosie1" wrote in message

This is my first post on a gardening forum and I wanted to introduce
myself and say can anyone help me identify the plant in the attached
picture.

It's in my garden and I've not been able to figure out what it is yet
..
I'm into all sorts of gardening including growing vegetables, however
I'm a novice so I try my best - if it works, it works, if not then I
try again :-)

Anyhow, if anyone can help me out with my question it would be very
much appreciated.

Rosie
|Filename: Flower-Unknown.gif |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11556|
Rosie1

Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the group. I thought the plant was Clematis, too, but I can't
offer to be as brilliant as Charlie! :~) What is the plant it's growing
through? Do you know?

Spider

Janet Tweedy 11-07-2009 11:09 AM

Hello & Plant Identification

In article , Spider
writes

Welcome to the group. I thought the plant was Clematis, too, but I can't
offer to be as brilliant as Charlie! :~) What is the plant it's growing
through? Do you know?

Spider

I have jouiana praecox, useful going through another shrub but i find
the flowers a bit insipid in colour. Grows very well and as Charlie
said, it can get very big.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy