Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered User

Default Hello & Plant Identification

This is my first post on a gardening forum and I wanted to introduce myself and say can anyone help me identify the plant in the attached picture.

It's in my garden and I've not been able to figure out what it is yet ...

I'm into all sorts of gardening including growing vegetables, however I'm a novice so I try my best - if it works, it works, if not then I try again :-)

Anyhow, if anyone can help me out with my question it would be very much appreciated.

Rosie
Attached Thumbnails
Hello & Plant Identification-flower-unknown.gif
Old 07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1 View Post

It's difficult to tell just from the flowers. Have you got any photos showing more of the leaves and the whole plant? It looks like some sort of nightshade to me: http://plants.montara.com/ListPages/...es/Solana.html
Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rosie1" wrote in message

This is my first post on a gardening forum and I wanted to introduce
myself and say can anyone help me identify the plant in the attached
picture.

It's in my garden and I've not been able to figure out what it is yet
..
I'm into all sorts of gardening including growing vegetables, however
I'm a novice so I try my best - if it works, it works, if not then I
try again :-)

Anyhow, if anyone can help me out with my question it would be very
much appreciated.

Rosie
|Filename: Flower-Unknown.gif |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11556|
Rosie1

Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the group. I thought the plant was Clematis, too, but I can't
offer to be as brilliant as Charlie! :~) What is the plant it's growing
through? Do you know?

Spider

Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Spider
writes

Welcome to the group. I thought the plant was Clematis, too, but I can't
offer to be as brilliant as Charlie! :~) What is the plant it's growing
through? Do you know?

Spider

I have jouiana praecox, useful going through another shrub but i find
the flowers a bit insipid in colour. Grows very well and as Charlie
said, it can get very big.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy