Old 06-07-2009, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Living willow structures.

Making arches and gazebos etc., by simply poking a large long cutting into
the ground.
I would like to try this having seen some examples recently.

I would appreciate some basic pointers if anyone has experience of this,
time of year, does it work with any willow etc?

Thanks

Mark

Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://ask.reference.com/related/Bas...&l=dir&o=10601
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-12-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mark wrote:
Making arches and gazebos etc., by simply poking a large long cutting into
the ground.
I would like to try this having seen some examples recently.

I would appreciate some basic pointers if anyone has experience of this,
time of year, does it work with any willow etc?

Basically, yes.

However...

In dry conditions a willow can (or so I'm told) send roots a quarter of
a mile or so until they find water.

Then, usually, they break into a drain and block it up.

So, be careful.

--
Rusty
Old 06-12-2009, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
mark wrote:
Making arches and gazebos etc., by simply poking a large long cutting
into the ground.
I would like to try this having seen some examples recently.

I would appreciate some basic pointers if anyone has experience of this,
time of year, does it work with any willow etc?

Basically, yes.

However...

In dry conditions a willow can (or so I'm told) send roots a quarter of a
mile or so until they find water.

Then, usually, they break into a drain and block it up.

So, be careful.

--
Rusty

Hi Rusty.

Welcome back to the fold.

mark

Living willow La puce United Kingdom 22 17-11-2005 05:55 PM
Gardening Structures [email protected] United Kingdom 0 07-05-2005 09:40 PM
Building wooden structures D Russell United Kingdom 18 26-06-2004 01:08 PM
let's waste on the proud structures, but don't taste the thin pumpkins Ralf S. Utley Roses 0 04-12-2003 05:12 AM
living willow screening MrCheerful United Kingdom 1 06-05-2003 10:44 PM