GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dogs on lawns :-( (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186654-dogs-lawns.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 19-08-2009 10:04 AM

Dogs on lawns :-(

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:55:42 -0700 (PDT), moghouse
wrote:

On Aug 18, 6:23*pm, Hugh Jampton wrote:

For many years our lawn has suffered from yellow patches caused by our dogs
weeing :-( Never been able to find a cure.

Bunny Guinness on GQT some years ago swore by adding tomato JUICE to a
bitch's feed. I've never tried it, not being a dog owner.

Pam in Bristol

moghouse 19-08-2009 10:15 AM

Dogs on lawns :-(

On Aug 19, 10:04*am, Pam Moore wrote:

For many years our lawn has suffered from yellow patches caused by our dogs
weeing :-(

Bunny Guinness on GQT some years ago swore by adding tomato JUICE to a
bitch's feed. *I've never tried it, not being a dog owner.

My weife adds tomato sauce to her food and I've never seen her pee on
the lawn!

Gordon H[_3_] 19-08-2009 11:35 AM

Dogs on lawns :-(

In message
,
moghouse writes
On Aug 19, 10:04*am, Pam Moore wrote:

For many years our lawn has suffered from yellow patches caused by
our dogs
weeing :-(

Bunny Guinness on GQT some years ago swore by adding tomato JUICE to a
bitch's feed. *I've never tried it, not being a dog owner.

My weife adds tomato sauce to her food and I've never seen her pee on
the lawn!

My wife was a bit prudish, too.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Hugh Jampton 19-08-2009 08:37 PM

Dogs on lawns :-(

Thanks everyone for your replies. Lots to think about but it looks as if
there's no easy solution. Don't think we'll try the "Dog Rocks".

Thanks again.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton