GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bolting rocket (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186803-bolting-rocket.html)

Kate Brown 24-08-2009 01:55 PM

bolting rocket

My second planting of rocket, planted about a month ago (same seed
packet, different side of same pots), hasn't grown any usefully edible
leaves, but has taken off and gone straight to flower. What have I done
to give it such a fright?

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally

moghouse 24-08-2009 05:23 PM

bolting rocket

On Aug 24, 1:55*pm, Kate Brown wrote:
My second planting of rocket, planted about a month ago (same seed
packet, different side of same pots), hasn't grown any usefully edible
leaves, but has taken off and gone straight to flower. *What have I done
to give it such a fright?

Come on, Kate, it's not rocket science!

David WE Roberts 24-08-2009 08:13 PM

bolting rocket

"Kate Brown" wrote in message
My second planting of rocket, planted about a month ago (same seed packet,
different side of same pots), hasn't grown any usefully edible leaves, but
has taken off and gone straight to flower. What have I done to give it
such a fright?

Perhaps it is hotter and drier this month?
I think rocket bolts if it is too dry, but I may be wrong.